Thursday, February 05, 2009

To quit or not to quit?

This has been probably the WORST week EVER! College resumed on Monday after CNY and I have NOT really been in the pinkest of health--food poisoning on Monday followed by severe URTI and excessive coughing at night which led to influenza, drastic weight loss.

Like Adrian said, "medical services and prescription are so EXPENSIVE, that's why poor people can't afford to get sick". Yes, with my teacher paycheck, I maybe able to pay for those services but it's the time I can't afford to lose. Some time I wish I students could understand why I dragged myself out of bed to work every day despite the MC.

Nope, it's not that I wanted to infect them with the viral flu, nor to prove that I am physically strong.

I had to work every day this week because time is ticking and I can't afford to get behind in class. There will be a major test next week and I just can't compromise on time loss. But this week, students have flocked to my office after class/school for consultation that I have forgotten to take my medication and lunch/dinner.

My family has been very worried about me. They understand the stake of me teaching a brand new course this semester and they have been extremely supportive, but it breaks their hearts to see how this sickness has tormented me this long. Adrian, my prime care giver/physician, was so upset with what I've done to myself, yesterday he said: Yvonne, please get good rest and recover soon or re-evaluate the priorities of your job. After all, not every student would appreciate things you've done and sacrifices you've made for them.

It got me thinking... why have I always put my job before my own health? Have I gone too far? To quit or not to quit? That is the question I am pondering...

But for now, I am sorry, Adrian! I promise you, I will take good care of myself and get well soon!

4 Comments:

Blogger Nary's treasures said...

aww..i hope you get better miss. from what i see..calculus seems like phd to me. lol. take it easy miss. maybe talk to terry about the classes or your health might not improve.

4:47 AM  
Blogger KawaYvonne said...

Thanks, Nadia!

You've been such a sweetheart! :D

You can tell, I miss teaching IB A LOT!!!

8:34 AM  
Blogger JuNgle●LinG said...

Miss, better take gud k of urself huh..

8:37 PM  
Blogger Nary's treasures said...

hahaa....we miss that class too. somehow i miss last sem so much. even tho it was a tough call. 4u with mr.sarno and ib with miss woi :S
strict teachers with loads of high expectations. hahaha.
get well miss

6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home