Sunday, May 18, 2008

Beautiful Beets

I think beet is a very much misunderstood root vegetable, mostly because of its appearance. As a beet lover, I am here to make a defence.

I love beets in just about any kind of dishes--freshly squeeze beet & apple juice, roasted sliced beet, potatoe and tapioca with fresh rosemary and maginificent beet and edamamme salad. I mean, how often do you see a vegetable this versatile?

Tomorrow, I am going to use this root beauty to make one of my favorite soups--Russian Borscht Besides this magenta magic, I will be using other organic ingredients like potatoes, onion, celery, carrots, green bell pepper, tomatoes and fresh dill weed.

It costed me a bomb to assemble these organic produces but it will definitely enhance the wholesomeness of the soup. Hopefully, it will turn out great! Can't wait!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home